16 August 2008

pretty kitty





hi, my name is molly.  mommy and daddy adopted me yesterday.  i was a rescue cat. i don't know exactly how old i am but if i had to guess i am probably between 9-12 months. i was found in crystal springs, ms when i wandered up (with my sister) to a nice lady who fed us.  she thought we might be adoptable and went to a foster home for some social skills training.  i love to be held and also roll around and get my tunny rubbed.  i am very talkative and love to drag around toys.  one morning my foster mom found a 3 pound dog toy on the bed.  i never really hurt toys, i just like to drag them around.  sometimes my toys are socks, towels, or tennis balls.  i have a soft purr motor but a very loud voice.  i love big goofy dogs and other kitties although sometimes it takes me a few days to warm up to them.  i love to sleep in people's lap when they watch tv and love to cuddle with you at night.  my bathroom habits are impeccable.  i absolutely love to run track.

my daddy adopted me yesterday.  we surprised mommy when she got home from work.  my mommy and daddy gave me a new name because everyone called me non-squinty and my sister squinty.  mommy and daddy decided that we would change my name to molly.  i woke them up last night at about 3 because i wanted to play.  at that point they decided maybe carrot was a good name but i didn't like it so i let them go back to sleep and sleep on the name thing for a while.  luckily when i woke them up at 5 this morning, they had decided that molly was the appropriate name for me. yesterday i got to investigate the house and figure out where my potty  and food were.  my potty is in the bathroom that mommy uses.  last night when mommy was relaxing in her bath i decided that i would show her that i knew how to use the potty.  i don't really think she appreciated it very much.  i may have ruined her bath.  

today, i have helped mommy with the laundry and cleaning the kitchen and i helped daddy fix an air vent.  i like to follow mommy around the most.  in fact i have to go everywhere she goes.  i think she has had a cat before.  i am not sure if daddy has really ever had a cat.... the only reason why i say that is because daddy bought me a dog bed.  i laid in it twice yesterday just to amuse him. i do love it when mommy leaves to go to the store though.  when she leaves, daddy has to babysit but he really just falls asleep on the sofa so that means i can do whatever i want to.  when mommy is home she follows me to make sure i am not being a bad girl.

i love to look out the windows.  mommy and daddy said that in about two weeks, once i have decided i like it a lot here, they will let me stay outside whenever i want to.   i can't wait! right now my favorite place in the house is in mommy and daddy's bed room or in the sun room.  i like the sun room because there is a ledge there that i can sit on and watch all the neighbors.  at night, i like to cuddle up to mommy because daddy kind of snores a lot.  last night i kind of tested them to see if they really loved me.  i slept a little but also woke them up a few times to see if they would play and they didn't get mad at me.  i do like to trick mommy.  every time she goes to the bathroom, i like to jump up on the toilet so she can't use it.  she has to pick me up and pet me to get me off.  sometimes i forget the lid is open and almost fall in.

when daddy came to adopt me, i tricked him too.  i pretended like i was asleep so he would think i was a lazy cat.  but guess what, i'm not!  just this morning i ran around the house for a whole hour!  i like to slide into walls and investigate things.  i got my first collar this morning too.  when i got it i was so excited I did flips and ran away from daddy whenever he came near.  mom said i get to get a tag with my name on it soon.  

No comments: