29 April 2010

Baby Weight



Well, there are two kinds of baby weight in the Weber household....

I had my 5 week check up yesterday. My blood pressure is back to normal 122/76... yea!!!! My iron is good and I am signed off to return to work. All my "baby weight" is gone except about 5 pounds. However....... I was overweight to begin with so I would still like to lose about 25 pounds and that will come with time. Starting this week, Chuck and I have been going on a walk every morning. I am trying to create somewhat of a routine for him. So far we have the walk in the morning and a formula bottle and his crib at night. The rest of the day has yet to make any kind of sense. We usually don't get out for our walk until about 10 because Chuck sleeps really hard in the mornings from about 5 until 9 which means that is when mama is getting her "survival " rest..... it is not close to being beauty rest at this point! Hopefully, once I get my muscles moving again from the walks, I can start running a little bit when Dr. is home to watch the Chuckster.

The other baby weight I am talking about is Chuckaroo. I have been having problems with my wrist and arm KILLING me. I asked the doctor yesterday what to do and she says I need to take advil and get a splint from the drugstore to help strengthen the wrist... it kind of gives out when I pick up the baby. Another thing that will help is a baby carrier!! Mom sent me the carrier that Abby and Laney used. It is a miracle in a box. I immediately put Chuck in it and he has been asleep the whole time. I have gotten the kitchen mopped, bottles washed, and a blog written..... now to the laundry! So I have an extra 8 pounds strapped to me but I am getting things done.... and maybe burning a few extra calories while doing them ! I kind of feel pregnant all over again......








No comments: