01 April 2010

Count him in!


Well, Baby Chuck is officially part of the census! I was holding on to our form because I wasn't sure if he would make the April 1st deadline. He in fact did make it on as person #3 in our household!

We also went on our first walk today. I can only make it around the block so it was rather short. Chuck enjoyed it but as soon as he is in the car seat, he is asleep so he enjoyed about 2 minutes of it. It is amazing how much better he fits in his car seat compared to just 4 days ago when we went to the doctor. We actually had to let out the straps!

Chuck has his appointment with the audiologist on Monday. He has done three hearing tests and has only passed with one ear each time. The left ear has passed twice and the right ear, once but they have not passed together. We will go do a suer duper test on Monday. I am a little bit anxious because he has to be well fed and asleep for the test so I will have to plan his feeding perfectly and make sure we have time to make it a long feeding. He then has his two week appointment on Thursday. Busy week for such a little fellow.

When Marmee was here earlier in the week, we bought a few flowers for the pots on the deck. I think I will venture out the weekend to plant them. I am starting to feel a little bit homebound. I realized, today, that my life has completely changed. I can't do the things I would normally go out and do ( and still have almost a week before I can drive). I have to plan feedings around it. All these thoughts made me feel a little claustrophobic especially sitting there looking at Chuck and all he is doing is sleeping all day. It's another waiting game we have entered into. Waiting for him to be on a schedule so we can do things, waiting for him to be big enough to go out, waiting for him to fall asleep so I can get in the shower. So I think getting out in the back and getting those pots planted will be nice. Next week I may try and get out and put some pretty flowers in the front yard. I need a bit of my old life in my new life. I feel like I am just sitting around waiting for the next feeding. I also have some school work I could do. That will make me feel normal again too! You know I can't stop working!

No comments: