05 October 2010

Time


So, I just realized today that my child feels exactly like I do everyday. Just plain worn out. I fill out a form every morning when I drop Chuck off at school about what I want Chuck to eat for the day, when I am picking him up, what phone number they will need to call, if he has had any medicine, when the last bottle and diaper change were. In return, they fill out the form throughout the day so I know exactly how much of his bottles he is drinking, how much food he ate, and how many times he has had a diaper change and what kind of diaper it is. The first day of school, they listed his naps for me. Every since then, they have not listed a nap. I didn't want to question that because I know they are busy and don't really want parents to knit pick. I think being a teacher helps me a lot with Chuck's school experience and the happiness of his teachers. Anyway, today I got the nerve to ask about how long he naps during the day. I didn't know what their answer was going to be. On weekends, he gets up at 6 and then takes a two hour nap at 8 or 8:30 then another nap at about 1 that maybe lasts an hour.

Today, his teacher told me that all day, he sleeps ( total ) 20 minutes a day!!! WHAT!! Chuckers!!! Makes me so sad to think that he doesn't nap during the day...I don't know if he is scared to go to sleep or is having so much fun that he doesn't want to go to sleep. I now understand why the poor guy falls asleep on my shoulder the second I walk out with him. Brings tears to my eyes when I think about how tired he must be! I have always been so good at getting his food to him at 4:30 before he starts getting fussy and blowing raspberry's at me but now I know really how important it is to feed him when he wants his dinner and let him go ahead and go to sleep. What a sweet little boy. I love that little booger.

Now, I have a friend that posted this on facebook today. You probably need to click on the picture so that it will open up in another window and be big enough for you to read.



No comments: