22 February 2011

Beets


Yes siree, my child ate beets and liked them.

Today I had a meeting all day and got out an hour early. Oh what I can get done in an hour child free! I decided to roast some beets ( and of course vacuumed and folded laundry.)

First I drizzled some olive oil on them.
Wrapped them up in foil and cooked them on 375 for a long time ( probably about an hour and a half.)
Then I took the skin off. I diced one beet for his dinner the next couple of nights and pureed (and froze) the rest so I can add them to pancakes, rice, and spaghetti sauce to make them have more nutritional value.
For dinner, Chuck ate beets, carrots, avocado, and some bites of banana for dessert. What a trooper! He fed himself the entire dinner.


I realized today that my spring break is actually a week sooner than I thought it was. Wahoo! That means I have the whole week before Chuck's birthday party off! The weekend after Chuck's weekend will be the Sweet Potato Queens parade. Most of their festivities will be in Fondren! Just footsteps from our front door! Looking for something to do? Swing back through Jackson the next weekend because Chuck and I are sure to stroll down there several times over the weekend to watch the parade, listen to music, and jump in the space walk! Check it out here!


No comments: