31 May 2011

Memorial Day and beyond


We had a fun time in Mobile. We went to Sophia's ( Mary-Allison's daughter) birthday party, visited Mr. John and Miss Penny at the beach and played a lot with the cousins.

One day, Chuck decided he wanted to eat like a doggie. He thought it was hilarious... I have no idea who taught him that. I have never seen him do it.


We also went out to eat and Chuck saw his first fish! He loved it.


After seeing Chuck's reaction to the fish tank, I think he is going to have a blast at the aquarium in New Orleans.

I have not shared a bed with Chuck since he was about 3 months old. I took full advantage of sleeping in a new environment and got to share a bed with him for three nights and loved every second of it. He insisted on sleeping as close to my face as possible .... even if it meant sleeping with both arms around my neck or sleeping with his cheek on top of my cheek. Love him and his cuddly self.

I am starting to make reservations for our trip. Is anyone a member of AAA or anything? After looking at all the options of hotels in NOLA, I think our best fit will be the Westin ( a starwood hotel). Check out the location HERE. Just across the street form the aquarium and a perfect walk along the river to the heart of the Quarter.

Also, Aunt Tippy, do you have any suggestions for hotels in nice/cute areas of Baton Rouge or Shreveport?

Did I mention I have 2 days of work left..... it's true.

No comments: