27 June 2011

Vacation


Not us... Molly. I think Molly has taken it upon herself to go on vacation again. She was here when I went to bed last night and wasn't when I got up this morning. Samer has gone out for a little bit today but slept most of the day. I am hoping that Molly really is just on vacation and not hurt somewhere. I have called for her but haven't heard any meows.

It is ironic that Molly is missing at the moment because today we got this drawing/painting from our neighbor. He is the art director at the art museum here. The picture is of an orange cat and the title is "Chuck's Cat". Dr. pointed out that it is obviously Molly because it has a normal tail. Kinda weird that we got it on the day that we can't find her.


The wife of the art director is an art appraiser. In the past couple of years, this completely healthy man has had several strokes, bleeds in his brain and epilepsy. She has come over a couple of times in a panic when she thought something was wrong with him. Last night she came over in a panic because she thought he was experiencing heart failure. He says he was ok but she was nervous and pacing. I called Dr. and asked if he would go straight to their house when he got home. Dr. checked him out and made sure that his recent medicine change wasn't causing any problems. In return, our neighbor painted this sweet picture for us. Now I have to decide where to hang it up. I am thinking maybe above Dr.'s toilet in the bathroom that he shares with the Chuckman.

And now for a recital from the little dude...


When I picked up Chuck today from daycare... he cried. He wouldn't leave. His class had just gotten outside and he was having a great time practicing his stair climbing! Chuck is really picking up things everyday. Since he started signing "more", I decided I would teach him a few more signs. He is now signing eat, milk, bath, and all done. He also is saying "thank you" now but only when I tell him to say it.

Dr. has been working like crazy. Even though he had vacation this month, he is working the same number of shifts as he would in a normal month. We really have not seen him in the last 2 and a half weeks. I bought a t-shirt a Target today and some neat toddler crayons so Dr. could give them to Chuck since he hasn't spent much time with him lately. The t-shirt was a Sesame Street t-shirt. Dr. showed it to Chuck and the Chuckster got so excited!!! He started laughing and grabbed the t-shirt and ran away. He ran around with that shirt like it was a blanket for a long time. He is sleeping in it right now. Dr. has a day off so I will make sure I get a picture of when Dr. gives Chuck the crayons and them drawing together.

No comments: