13 September 2011

Happy Grandparents Day



Happy Grandparents Day! Chuck had a celebration at school with cookies. Unfortunately, Granna, Bob Bob, Marmee, and Poppy are all far away. Fortunately, he had no idea. Chuck did make some beautiful gifts for everyone. We have two gifts......

A nice card with a poem and a handprint flower.


And a green cardboard thingy ( it could possibly go around a flower pot, I guess). The green cardboard thingy has a handprint on it and a poem.

Your guess is as good as mine on what in heavens name this green thing is.

Here's the deal. I will make it fair. Since obviously the green thing is the most prized possession, it will be given to the first set of grandparents that can get here to visit. The card will be given to the second set of grandparents that arrive for a visit. Don't hurt yourself jumping for this opportunity to own a green cardboard thingy. Ready, set, go!

Oh, and we officially did tinkle number three in our dinosaur potty. We were trying to go number two in the potty but things just weren't moving along ( if you catch my drift).

Um, other than that things are the same. Chuck and I continue to drive each other crazy every afternoon, we think daddy still lives with us, and the cats are still alive.

We have been fighting impetigo ( it is a very common bacterial infection, usually on the face) on Chuck's scalp for almost 3 months. We were seeing some light at the end of the tunnel but we are back to square one. Ugh, so Chuck is tired of scratching his head. I am tired of washing everything that has ever contacted his hair, and I am pretty sure daycare is tired of seeing this greasy hair little boy walking around. Sooner or later it is going to have to find another breeding ground other than my child's scalp. Unfortunately, impetigo is found on infants in very unhealthy living conditions.... really? My child has had a bath and hair wash every single night since he was 5 months old. My child is anything but dirty. Whatever.

Midterms start tomorrow. I am prepared for my students to flunk the tests. At least, we are halfway through the first quarter.

No comments: