06 November 2011

Food theif

The only picture that I have to share is Chuck's meltdown on the kitchen floor this morning. I will spare you. The 4:30 wake up was not welcome but expected. Chuck couldn't take it any longer and snoozed on the couch at 10 when we usually shoot for 12 or so. Then tonight, even though we were all tired, I had to keep him up so that he would sleep until 6 tomorrow morning. I think I may be doomed so now I am going to wake up at 4 just in case. I can always go back to sleep if he doesn't wake up.

One quick story about the Chuckster. Apparently, his favorite food is baked beans. Ms. Alice ( who I leave him with for breakfast in the morning) feeds him lunch and knows he is going to ask for seconds. She says she always brings Chuck two plates. Well, earlier last week they had baked beans and she didn't bring the extra plate. Chuck signed for "more" and Ms. Alice broke it to him that she had no more. Caleb, who is a new boy a school, was sitting next to Chuck. Caleb doesn't eat because he is just not too sure about his new school. Chuck took full advantage of this. When Ms. Alice said she didn't have seconds, she went on to help some other children clean up. While she had her back turned, Chuck took his empty plate and put it in front of Caleb ( who, remember, never touches his food) and took Caleb's full plate and put it in front of himself. Ms. Alice looked over and saw him doing it. Chuck knew he was caught because when he does something he isn't supposed to, he looks out of the corners and tops of his eyes and won't make eye contact. Ms. Alice turned back around and Chuck quietly devoured Caleb's lunch. What a riot! I didn't know he was smart enough to do that.... and even smarter to not just take someone's food but to put him empty plate in front of them. I think I might be in trouble.... this kid is gonna be a lot smarter than his parents.

No comments: