19 May 2009

memorial day

memorial day is upon us. where has the time gone!  it feels like just yesterday we were painting our house and tying our mattress on the top of our car trying to get it home from sams.  it seems like just yesterday dr. and my parents were helping me set up my room for my first year teaching.

we are both looking forward to this weekend.  i have a three day weekend (although the kids last day is friday, i still have one more week) and i am trying to convince dr. to ask if he could skip work on monday.  if so we are hoping to make a trip to the lake.  if not, we have a crawfish picnic to go to on saturday and our street is having a street party sunday night!

memorial day makes me think of water, bbq, and family.  i ran across this bud light commercial and made me think of my dear husband and father -in-law when it comes to fire.  enjoy...

No comments: