08 April 2010

Daddy's first feeding


Chuck is doing a wonderful job eating. He is on a schedule, eating at 10, 2, and 6. After his 2 a.m. feeding he likes to stay up for a little bit so he has got his days and nights confused but I am very thankful he is on this four hour schedule. I know Dr. has been dying to feed him so we are trying to get our milk supply up so daddy can have the 10p.m. feeding. It is a VERY slow process but Chuck and Dr. enjoy the father son time even if it only lasts about 2 minutes! We are making headway one 1/4 of an ounce at a time! Hopefully before too long, it will last an entire feeding. The first time Dr. fed Chuck, Chuck looked at him like "Daddy, you have been holding out on me.... I thought mommy was the only one that had dinner." His little face was the funniest thing! He is such a good bottle drinker too. I go back to work in 4 weeks and I would really like to hold off on the formula if I can and change him over to formula sometime during the summer but we will see.


Chuck loves it when Daddy feeds him.


No comments: