26 June 2010

Naptime


So we have got the night time ritual down. Not that Chuckers is sleeping through the night but we know exactly what is going to happen every night... how many times he will wake up, what times he is going to wake up, if he is going to eat when he wakes up or just want to cuddle, and how much he will want to eat. All of that just happened naturally. I stopped stressing about everything and just let him do what he wants.

Now that he developed his night time routine, he is slowly developing his nap routine on his own. When he falls asleep, I try and put him in the play pen. He only sleeps about 30 minutes in that. So the last two days, he has started fussing when he gets tired, so I rock him until he is almost asleep and then this morning I put him in his big boy swing. He took a 4 hour nap with a little intermission for a small bottle! Tonight, again, he started fussing and I rocked him a little and put him in his nap nanny and sure enough he is napping now. I am going to see how long this nap lasts because this nap (starting at 6:30) might turn into his bedtime if he is only going to nap once during the day. I am kind of expecting him to wake up about 8:00 and then we will play for about an hour then go to bed for the night. He is such a big boy making up his own routine! I am so glad he decided to do it so I wouldn't have to! I was worried he needed to sleep in his bed during nap time for daycare but they don't care!


Our big boy napping in his tractor outfit!
Yes, those cheeks are slowly developing a mind of their own!

No comments: