04 August 2010

Daily Grind

Well, it is true. I start back to school next week. I am doubting myself as both a teacher and a mother but it has been done before so I can't whine too much! Chuck still loves daycare. In fact this morning, he saw his teacher and started smiling. She took him and when I was saying goodbye to him he would not look at me. I think he just wanted me to leave so he could start playing and looking at all his friends. No smiles for mom. I do get some smiles and cooing when I pick him up though.

Chuck and I are going to Mobile from Thursday to Sunday. My mother is going to take me shopping because I do not have any professional wear for school. I have really been living in yoga pants this summer. I have been working out but have not seen much weight loss. I guess I gotta give it time but I am the type that must have immediate gratification or positive reinforcement. Dr. did buy me the Zumba DVD's ( we all know how obsessed I am ) and my Zumba class starts tonight. I will get to go on the Wednesdays that Dr. is not working.

I have been up at school the past two weeks but have no motivation. I just go up there and sit in my room, talk, get up every once in a while. I guess this being my third year I have a lot of things already taken care of. I thought that this year was going to be an awesome year but already the gossip has begun! (which kinda makes the whole thing bearable.)

I have been trying to find money saving ideas( since we are now paying a good amount for daycare) and time saving ideas. I have started curling my hair with hot rollers so i can do other things while my hair is being "fixed". I will not have time to curl it or straight iron it. I have cooked a lot of meals for our freezer. In addition to the three pots of spaghetti, we also have two chicken spaghetti's, chicken enchiladas, steaks, beef tips, and roasts. Today I am going to try and make some meatloaves and put some hamburger patties and taco meat in there. All the directions are written on the bag so if I thaw something, Dr. can go ahead and start cooking it if he is off or he can always pull something out and fix it. Now the only thing is that when you open my freezer you will most likely get hit with a falling roast! I am also thinking about blanching and freezing some green beans. They say that freezing in season fresh vegetables is more nutritious than eating fresh vegetables that are out of season.

Chuckers is doing good. He has hair on his legs ( he is growing up so fast!). He is showing interest in rolling from his back to his stomach ( just gets a little frustrated when it doesn't work out). He has figured out how to get his thumb away from the rest of his fingers but still takes pleasure in sucking the whole hand. He is eating cereal ( if he wakes up after daycare). If he will not wake up, we put the cereal in a bottle which has increased his three hour sleeping to seven hours. I am going to start putting some cereal in the "middle of the night" bottle too. Mainly for selfish reasons..... I know how horrible! I took him to the pool the other day and he did not want to sit in his float. He actually started kicking those little fat legs. He is still our little chilled out guy. He looks at the babies that cry at daycare like "why are you crying, we are here with all our friends". I am just hoping they do not teach him to cry! He is growing lots of hair on his head. Someone at daycare asked me if I had cut his hair because he is sporting a perfect buzz cut. No, unfortunately we are blessed with perfect marine style hair growth. Maybe one day it will decide to start laying down... surely it won't stand up straight forever.

Well, I am on my way to stare at my classroom, make some meatloaves, and maybe take Chuck swimming. I will try and post some video and pictures tonight!

No comments: