07 December 2010

Breakthrough and Breakdown


Yes ma'am it is true. Our teeth have decided to join us. I should have seen it coming. We had lots of super duper diapers this weekend and after looking at yesterdays daycare report, which had a dirty diaper every diaper change, I should have seen the clues! Chuck's teeth broke through. My guess is they were working their hardest between 4 am and 7 am this morning. We had a very early morning this morning. Chuck decided to wake up at 4 and not go back to sleep so it is then that we started our day. Unfortunately, we were not in a good mood and mama still had to get ready for work. So our morning consisted of me trying to shower, blow dry, apply makeup, dress, and warm up the car while our little teether sat there and screamed at the top of his lungs because he wanted to be held. Yep, I know you are jealous! What is a gal to do when she has to get ready but the baby wants to be held and snuggle? Eventually, I was driven to the floor in tears. There I was, sitting next to a shrieking baby, my makeup running down my face, crying. Oh how I needed to call in sick but couldn't because the thought of me actually being prepared and ahead at school is just a whole other story. Phew! What a day.

I felt awful dropping off Chuck at daycare because I knew all he wanted was for me to kiss on him and hug him. I had to run out of daycare before I started crying again because my baby cried all morning and I knew he needed me. Did I mention he napped on the way to daycare? Sometimes I wish I had a remote control car seat in the house. Well, don't fret, Mr. Grouchy was still here after daycare which was no fun because I got even more screeching. Finally, the little lad fell asleep while we were wrestling on the bed. That little munchkin hugging my big ol' tummy and snoring, definitely ended the day a lot better than it started, and not just because he was finally asleep.

This is what we look like at 4 a.m.

No comments: