30 December 2010

Steamin' Hot


So baby food making has been successful thus far! The little guy had avocado and bananas for dinner. I have to admit that at first there was some gagging involved. I like to think it was a texture issue since this was a little creamier than other food he eats. He did end up enjoying it and finishing all his dinner. I didn't have a steamer so borrowed a couple from Ginger. After making several batches, I went to Kroger and bought one. How cool is this steamer? Bright green silicone! Just my style. Just put it in the pot and get to steamin'!


After the avocado and banana mixture, I made some yellow squash, some zucchini and tomatoes, and some carrots and broccoli. We do have to be careful with anything squash or zucchini related because I did not take the skins off and sometimes it is difficult to digest them but they should be over that problem by 8 months. Also, the tomatoes are acidic like citrus so we will tread lightly with the zucchini and tomato mixture but cooking the tomatoes takes away some of the acidity. You also have to be careful cooking carrots because of nitrates but as long as you don't use any of the water that it was cooked in, it should be alright. I got most of my help from www.wholesomebabyfood.com

The above picture is dark green zucchini and tomatoes and then orange broccoli and carrots.

Now...my dilemma for this hour. We got a pair of kitchen scissors for Christmas. This is wonderful because it is the scissors for the exact knife set that we have and we are always looking for our other pair.... like now. I have a new pair of scissors that I can't get open because I can't find my other pair of scissors. Hmmmm. Ironic perhaps.

No comments: