16 April 2011

Circus



Well, Chuck and I went to Kidsfest today. They had a grizzly bear. We rode a train around the parking lot which Chuckster LOVED! We also took a few turns on the carousel. Like I said in my last post, I always underestimate Chuck. I thought we would walk around Kidsfest but there wouldn't be anything for him to do. I had to coax him off the train when our ride had ended and he thought it was hilarious to see the horses go up and down on the carousel. We rode on a bench.
Carousel Ridin'
Chuck on his date
Chuck at his first circus
Chuck on his first train ride
Mama and Chuck just chuggin' along

There was also an Italian circus family. So we watched an hour long circus. We went with our neighbors across the street and they wanted to see the circus and I told them that sounded fine but I can't promise we will last very long. Can you believe that my child sat and watched that circus for the entire hour without even moving a muscle. The majority of the time he was standing in front of me on the bench and then he sat in my lap some too. He was so loved the music and was SO excited when they brought the dogs out to jump through the hoops. He was dancing to the music and would clap when the rest of the people clapped.


There was also a man walking on a spinning wheel and I just knew he was going to fall off. He didn't but Chuck thought he was pretty amazing.


I am so glad we went. Chuck got in free because of his age and I had a three dollar off coupon. We spent almost 4 hours there! Now I just have to figure out what to do with him tomorrow. Maybe he will let me sleep late since this morning he got up at 4:45. Is that how he pays his mama back after she let him stay up until 7:15? It always seems that the later he goes to sleep the earlier he wakes up. Ouch!

And a quick side note.... you can rent the train for parties.... if for some reason we stay in Jackson after residency, Chuck is so gonna have a train at his third birthday! ( I don't think I can afford it for his second one, much less fit in our yard.)

No comments: