15 April 2011

Playing Catch Up


Ok, I am going to catch up from this past week.

First.... the swing. We have a baby swing but do not have a tree in our yard to hang it from. So we compromised. We have the swing and the neighbors have the tree so we hung it in their tree and we all can use it anytime! Nellie is just 2 months younger than Chuck so they both have a great time on it!


Second...... walking. No, we still aren't walking. Well actually we are totally able to walk but won't do it. Tonight he walked from the coffee table to the foot stool ( 4 steps) by himself and he didn't realize it and I didn't even know he was going to do it. I tried to get another video of the 4 steps he can walk but it is not that great. Check it out...


Third...... the bookshelf. I had to take out a shelf in Chuck's bookshelf because he likes to sit in it and read. I love this little guy.


Fourth..... easter eggs. We have got them out and are getting used to them so we can have some exhilarating easter egg hunts around here. I was really hoping he would be walking for easter but to each their own, I guess.


Fifth..... ladybugs. Chuck can say the word "bug" and, in fact, he refers to ladybugs and only ladybugs as bugs. If he sees anything with ladybugs on it, he says bug. So we have a yard ornament that Marmee gave us when we first moved in. Apparently, Chuck adores this ladybug and whenever we play in the yard we have to have "bug" with us. Bug likes to slide and ride in the car. Oops! Bug also took a bath with us last night!


Sixth..... flowers. Some days, I am amazed at what Chuck understands. Sometimes I underestimate him. We were playing in Ginger's yard and Ginger picked him a flower because he loves to pick flowers. She handed it to him and after smelling it and letting us all smell it, he tried for a while to put it back on the camellia bush. He actually got really disappointed when it wouldn't stay on the bush.




And seventh...... climbing. Chuck is still climbing EVERYTHING. He climbs up the stools in the bathroom. He climbs up the bookshelf. He is starting to climb out of his highchair. He can get his knee up on the side of the tub and..... he can climb in his cozy coupe on the side that the door doesn't open.


Tomorrow there is a festival called Kidsfest. I think Chuck and I are going to venture over there or to Waterfest.

Tomorrow night, chuck will have his first babysitter. Dr is working all weekend and I have to go show my face at the art museum because our second grade class has an exhibit in the museum. The little girl (not so little but in 6th grade) from down the street is going to come over and play with Chuck while I get ready. I will teach her how to feed and bathe him and then I will put him to bed. Once he is asleep, I will go with Mrs. Day for about an hour to wine and dine with some big funders for the arts in our public schools. So wish us babysitter luck tomorrow!

On a totally different note..... I have totally lost my voice. My students were so quiet today because they had to be really still to be able to hear what I was saying! It wasn't a great day to lose the voice seeing that we were huddled in the hall for two hours while a tornado ripped through Jackson just south of us and then did a big loop around the school, hospital, and our neighborhood and continued across the reservoir. There are some crazy videos of the tornado that came through. Check it out....


No comments: