27 August 2011

Counting



Well we have had a fairly relaxing day. Well, never mind not really. I did get two pots of spaghetti cooked for the freezer ( since I gave away my last pots that I had frozen). I have no idea how they are going to taste. It took me about 4 hours to do it. For some reason Chuck wanted to stick right by me. He did that thing you see kids do where the grab onto your knees and hang on to you and try to shove there head between your knees. Yup. The entire time I was cooking. There was lots of laughing and giggling so apparently he thought it was fun.

Whenever I have to go to the bathroom I always tell Chuck I have to go potty. That way if he doesn't want to go with me ( which is rare) he won't think I am just leaving. Tonight I told him where I was going and he ran ahead of me and went and sat on his potty. ( Yes, it is in the hall but he has been pushing it around all day.) While he was sitting on his potty, I went to the bathroom but was watching him the whole time. After a few seconds on his potty, he pretended like he picked something up and then started pretending like he was wiping! SO stinking funny! May be TMI for some but surely you have stopped reading the blog by now if you are worried about too much information.


I don't know if Chuck has done this before but maybe tonight was the first time I realized what he was doing. I count a lot with him. If he hands me things, I always count them out. I only go to 3 or 4 though so I don't overwhelm him. Tonight we were watching Gnomeo and Juliet before bed and he brought me his crayons. I started counting them as he brought them to me. Then he sat down and started counting!!! You can't really tell what number he is on but I think you can definitely tell that he is counting.




No comments: