09 April 2012

Mucho Dinero



Well we made a couple of hundred dollars at the yard sale. Not bad. We didn't put much work into it. We had been setting aside things for the last several months. I got everything out the day before and got up around 5 that morning to set everything up. I wanted to make sure the majority of things were done before Chuck got up. I think the hardest thing was worrying about how the day was going to turn out.

I prepared myself for my difficult two year old. I put his table in the driveway. I already had his drinks ready and his cereal. I made the sidewalk paint and found a coloring book he hadn't seen in a while. He thought he was in heaven getting to spend the entire day outside.

I sold the first thing around 6:30. Chuck didn't sleep in much and got up at 7. I put shoes on him and let him eat his cereal and run around in his jammies. I was so so so proud of the little guy. My worry was that he would see everything in Nellie's yard across the street and want to go over there. He did try and escape once. He got on his 4 wheeler and tried to ride down the hill in Ginger's yard. He cried but then got over it. The rest of the time he ran around in our yard. Our next door neighbors who are 2 and 5 came over and ran in and out of the back yard and house and Chuck was happy to follow. Chuck ate some lunch outside and around noon went down for a nap. WHile he napped I was able to clean up and put everything away. After naps, we went across the street, like I had promised, and played with Nellie.

Daddy made it home from Texarkana around 5:30 so we ordered some crawfish and had an impromptu crawfish boil with our neighbors. Chuck went down around 8 and slept until 8 the next day. ( So excited I got to sleep in.)

The yard sale wore us out. Chuck and I laid around on the couch all day yesterday except for one little jaunt outside. He was such a snuggle monkey yesterday. I could hardly keep my eyes open. I worked myself to death.

I am so excited I had today off. I am trying to catch up on everything since Dr.'s vacation has ended and I know the month of May he has to work everyday. We have a structural engineer coming just to check out the slant in the house. It was slanted when we bought it and obviously still is. A lot of people are passing on the house because they are worried about the slant. If we can either find that there is no problem or add a pier to alleviate any worries then I think we can get a buyer. A lot of people have walked away just because of it being tilted a little.


Chuck eating breakfast at 7:00 Saturday morning.

Chuck painting with his homemade sidewalk paint.



No comments: