08 January 2013

Hanging in the Crib


Since Chuck is back at school and settled into his routine, I have moved Smith into his own bedroom during the day!  I knew the whole crib sleeping might take a while so decided to start early.  He took about an hour nap in his crib before we went to get Chuck ( I say "nap" even though he sleeps all day no matter where he is!)  Tonight, he ate and I wrapped him in a Swaddle Me blanket and put him in bed at 6.  It is 8 p.m. right now and Smith is still asleep... in his crib.... laying flat!  It took us four months for that to happen with Chuck.  I realize that Smith could possibly be up for a while tonight but really, who am I kidding, sleep is overrated.  I am not sleeping anyway so I figured I might as well do the crib transition. 

Dr. comes home from work tomorrow morning and is home for a day before he goes back. January is not too bad since he has every weekend off ( except two Sundays)!  This is a huge change since in the past he has worked nights and weekends!

Chuck has always been a mama's boy but I guess because he is getting older or maybe because dad is around more, he is really getting hooked on his daddy.  It may be because I am so hard on the kid and expect so much from him.  Either way, he asks about his dad all the time now.  When he was younger, he would freak out if he couldn't see me.  Chuck has moved on and now and will go to our neighbors houses with our neighbors ( and without me) to play with the dogs, he enjoys spending the night with his Aunt Koko, and even asks to stay with daddy when I have to go to the store or run an errand.   I 'm actually glad I am not as cool as he once thought I was!  Makes my life a little easier!






No comments: