25 January 2013

On my own

I'm totally not complaining just nervous as h-e-l-l. I know in my head I make it worse than it really is!

Dr. has gone to work and its my first real weekend alone with the boys. It will be just fine. We are going to hibernate and maybe get some time in the backyard on Sunday. It was 70 here but some friendly cold front rolled in about 30 minutes ago so tomorrow it will be in the 50s.

Mostly I'm concerned about my sanity. Chuck lets me know that Smith crying is too loud. Unfortunately, Smith loves to be held. I have started figuring out the schedule he's put himself on so that is nice. However, Smith has a witching hour.... Chuck never had one. Smith starts it up around 5:30 which is dinner and bath time. Luckily, Smith gets a bath while Chuck is in the tub and it calms him down. It's just a matter of him screaming while you get Chuck dry and dressed. Then, Smith can be rocked to sleep.

The sleep issue makes me want to cry. Chuck was yelling for me every hour and a half last night for some reason. Smith was wanting to eat every hour. Ugh. I was looking forward to a nap today while Chuck was at school but Smith wakes up in the morning and doesn't want to go back down until 11:30 so by then, I had my fifth or sixth wind and really needed to get ready for Chuck to get home from school (make sure dishwasher was empty, clothes were folded, trash cans were empty, etc).

So here we are. Survival of the fittest once again.

Oh yeah, for some crazy reason I think it's a good idea to really wrap up our potty training this weekend. Bribes are ready and I think Chuck is on board. Now, I gotta make sure I remember that he is in undies and make sure he doesn't pee on my couch.... Again :).

~Smith getting to know the rest of the fam.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: