03 May 2013

Normalcy



Dr. flies out tomorrow to take his oral boards.  He will be gone several days.  Please send prayers, or happy thoughts his way or if you are a finger/toe/arm crosser then start getting everything crossed!  There was a quote I read that fits the life of a doctor's family perfect - "Expectation is the root of all disappointment."  -  Whether schedules interfere with events or a shift last longer than it is supposed to, something is always going to missed but after these boards I am secretly hoping for a somewhat normal life ( as in we get to see or spend time with dad) yet I'm telling myself not to create any expectations!  I mean, I think Dr. has held Smith a total of 10 minutes in the last month.  I think Smith is following the same path Chuck took.  For a while Chuck refused to go to Dr. or be left alone with him and now every time Smith sees Dr. he sticks out his bottom lip and he likes to yell if Dr. does try to hold him. Ugh.

The boys and I will be here fighting Chuck's 102 fever ( have I ever mentioned he refuses medicine?  Awesome).  I'm not sure how this weekend will go.  I have a feeling Chuck will "need" me every 2 seconds and Smith will continue to freak out if I put him down.  Trust me, I have tried putting him down and just letting him cry but seriously... who can stand crying and what did he ever do to deserve to be shut in a room all alone.  The crying drives me and Chuck bananas and makes our stress sky rocket ( which in the end is not a pretty sight) and the poor kid just wants to be in on the action.

So send good vibes Dr.'s way and good vibes Chuck's way!  Hopefully we can beat these things!  ( the test and the fever)

No comments: