26 April 2014

Crazy



This post was supposed to be posted two Saturdays ago but i am having problems with the blog.


As soon as I feel like I got it all under control, the boys are going to throw a curve ball.

Smith suddenly developed a yeast diaper rash this week which caused his privates to swell. We were able to get into the doctor immediately and get some medicine. He has also been running a fever. I think by tomorrow most of the redness will be gone and hopefully the fever too. The first day this showed up, he napped for 4 hours.



The boy's pediatrician started a mission group and they go to Uganda every year. They also bring in their Uganda choir for two-three weeks every year. So last night a choir from Uganda sang at the ice cream place. I thought it would be fun to take the boys so we sat and ate ice cream and watched them sing.




Today the boys went to the gym with me and played while I ran. We then headed to the playground and played for a couple of hours and had a picnic. Smith took a (short) nap and we headed out in the backyard. I did everything I could not to kill the 4yo today. He has officially been banned from wearing his superhero stuff in public because the kid thinks he is a real superhero and acts like an idiot. (And yes, I told him that). I had my good and not so good parenting moments today.

Tomorrow, my plan is to pack the boys and their bikes up and go ride in the school parking lot. Our driveway is at a slant into the busiest street in the neighborhood. I want Chuck to just be able to ride free. I'm hoping my next post is not about a broken arm.

We also need to do a little yard work before the rain shows up tomorrow.

Lately Chuck has been helping me cook a lot. I'm not sure why he is so interested. I'm definitely not the one he should be learning from!

This little (big) guy has a new obsession with match box cars. Looks like he will be joining his Bobbob and Uncle Austin to future car races. He has started throwing tantrums so sooner than later we may get a similar photo to the memorable one of Chuck on the floor in the middle of Lowes.



If anyone wants to adopt a cat, we have one. I was about one second away from packing the boys and cat up in the car and finding a nice neighborhood to open my car door and shove the cat out. This cat makes me miss Molly because she was so calm and quiet. Samer makes you want to beat your head against the wall several times. Even Chuck has asked if we can get rid of him and get a dog (um no).

No comments: