23 July 2008

new teachers






today, i spent my day at new teacher orientation.  i have never had that much fun in my life.   notice there are no exclamation points after any of those sentences.  it's because i am lying.  it was actually the worst thing i have ever done with my time in a very long time.  the best thing about it is that i have two more days of it.  the only good that comes out of this orientation is that i get paid for being there.  i also get over 2o professional development points which goes towards the 42 i have to get during the year.

i could think of a lot better things to do than spending my time listening to people summarizing my graduate career in three days.  i would do anything to be in my classroom right now.  last week i could not go to my classroom because they were waxing the floor in my room.  on monday i stopped by the school for a couple of hours and met one teacher.  i was prepared to go back on tuesday and work all day getting my room ready.  i showed up and they were waxing the hallway outside my room so i couldn't get in.  and now as i sit there in three days of teacher orientation, i long for the next time i get to go into my classroom.

dr. and i were thinking about going out of town this coming weekend but i think we are going to have to do that another weekend.  this saturday the school will be open so dr. wants to help me set up my classroom (he has actually asked several times if he could) and on sunday i have my first meeting with the wives alliance.  i am excited to go to the meeting and meet some other resident's wives and make some friends!

posted are two pictures of my classroom!

No comments: