21 December 2009

All Clear


Well, baby Chuck and I went to see the doctor today. We are 23 weeks and 5 days. Everything was right on track. Our doctors appointments last about 5 minutes. She says "is everything ok, any problems?" I say "Nope", she says" see you next time". So that is the extent of our visits. The nurse checked the heartbeat. Still beating at 154. The first time we ever went it was 164. She asked if I was having fetal movement and I said I thought so. Then she put the doppler down on the belly to listen to the heart and he kicked it. She said that he just kicked me and I had thought he did so that confirms for me that that is indeed little kicks. She kept saying "He is such an active baby....". This worries me. They say this every time I go. They wouldn't be saying it if it was movement they see everyday. I fear that our child is going to be extremely hyper. I am also not looking forward to the kicks that baby Chuck will be working on in February and March. My blood pressure was up at 142 compared to the last time 124. She said it was not a level to worry about yet. I think I was just nervous because this was the first visit that we had gone on our own. All the other times, Dr. had been with us. The first time I ever went, it was up at 164!

Next time (January 22nd) we will be doing our glucose check, our sonogram to make sure he is still growing right, and I am Rh negative so I have to get my shot for that. So Dr. is off that day and I am going to take the day off. So get ready for some new sonogram pictures!

On another note, Dr. is working nights right now.... which means I get a lot of things done! I am out of school until the 4th. Still working on getting lesson plans and centers done before maternity leave. Today, I finished up Christmas shopping and errands. I also have gotten all the present wrapped. Unfortunately, Samer has decided to unwrap them. I am going to go ahead and apologize for all presents. They might have half the paper on them, bite marks in the tissue, and some of them might be missing from the bags. Samer has finished undecorating the tree and has moved on to the presents. I can't imagine what it will be like next year when we have a rug rat in the house that actually has thumbs!

Samer is doing wonderful after his surgery. Can't tell he even had surgery. He was a little cranky when he came home but a long nap on mom made it all better. He is still the sweet little Samer with the squeak but he is all still pure kitten. I guess I should have realized that he is only 5 months old so is still going to be quite crazy.

Molly is still crazy. Her newest thing is pretty much to play a trick on Dr. She has always been fascinated with water. She has always loved turning the water dish over. I guess she likes to see it run across the floor. Now there is a water dish in Dr.'s bathroom since Samer is constantly drinking water. Molly enjoys pouring that bowl out except she can't get all of it out because of the shape. Now, she likes to take Dr.'s scrubs that he leaves on the floor and pull them over the the water dish to watch them soak up the water. We were trying to come up with a way to get her to stop putting his clothes in the water dish. I had thought that maybe if Dr. picked up his laundry then she would not be able to do that. Dr. thought that that would not be the solution ( i mean who wants to pick their laundry up off the floor) so the water dish has been moved to the bathtub. I am sure the kitties will test us again in a day or two and we will have to figure out how to prevent them from doing something else.

Looks like our house is infested with ladybugs. Our front porch is covered with them and it seems as though they have made it into the house. Molly isn't complaining.


Well, as I have said before, my body knows exactly when vacation is here and always shuts down the day the kids get out. It has done it again. I had a migraine on Friday and here I am today with drainage and a sore throat. Dr. was feeling under the weather today. He came home and said he had been feeling nauseous since 3 this morning. I was hoping that some good ol' rest would help out but he was still looking pitiful when he left tonight.

Hope everyone is enjoying their holiday so far. Kitties, baby, and I are just chillin' with our feet up. Later....



No comments: