04 March 2010

Time stands still

Is it really only Thursday? In the past 3 days I feel like I have aged 80 years. This is the longest week ever.

I am starting to feel overly pregnant and YES I am going to whine about it because I haven't complained my entire pregnancy and I think I deserve it. I feel bad enough that I have been granted the honor by my self to whine.

Actually this week has been fine. I woke up Tuesday with so much energy, Mrs. Lorthridge thought she was going to be delivering a baby in class. I got to school 45 minutes early and just got tons of things done! My second graders and their PARENTS threw me a baby shower! I had NO idea and totally threw them off when I showed up so early to work. They definitely fooled me with "broken coffeepots" that needed to be fixed by Mrs. Lorthridge so she could leave the room. Mrs. Lorthridge also faked a stomach ache all morning which totally fooled me. My kiddos yelled surprise and their was cakes, chicken sandwiches, meatballs ( which has been at ever celebration since I have arrived at that school..... must be a cultural thing.) I am a very hard person to surprise but somehow they pulled it off. I blame it one my pregnant looney state of mind. Yesterday on Wednesday, all the teachers threw me a shower. I found out about this one. It was expected though. So Baby Chuck has been outfitted with tons of clothes, socks, and blankets! He has tons of outfits to get all dirty!

Unfortunately I had so much energy on Tuesday that Wednesday I thought that for sure I was about to keel over and die. I think the only time I have felt worse was when I had some kind of bug in Nashville and actually could not physically move for four days and averaged about 24 toilet hugs a day. I know you wanted to know that but I really wanted you to know how my day went yesterday. Horrible, just horrible.

Dr. has just finished his 7 nights straight. He has got 6 days off and it is supposed to be beautiful so I have already told the cats it is going to be mama and daddy time. Time for the final countdown. We got some things we gotta do. Of course a picnic at the reservoir, maybe some flowers in the pots, definitely some leaf blowing and power spraying. Those darn cabinet locks that I bought when I found out I was preggers ( at week 7) will be put on or I might go postal. I have been looking at them on my kitchen cabinet for nine months now. I know, I know, it will be a while before the baby will be going into the cabinets but for now I just want the cats to stop opening and slamming the doors. Mama doesn't find it funny.

I was going to go buy a bathing suit and do water aerobics but looking at the calendar it looks like I would only make it to about four classes before Baby Chuck's arrivals so I don't know if I want to spend twenty five bucks on a flattering bathing suit that I will wear four times. SO I may just take up couch sitting instead ( which is highly recommended by the doctor anyway).

So I feel like I am stuck in a time machine and it is not turned on. We are just sitting in the same hour, not moving at all. The doctor told me this time would fly by but it certainly isn't flying as fast as I thought it would.

Today starts a new day. Not sure if we feel good or bad today. I do know that if the cats don't stop trying to eat my cheerios it will turn into a bad day pretty quickly. Off to save my cheerios and get ready for school. Ahhhhhhh.

No comments: