01 March 2010

Sooner or Later

Soooo, I have talked to most of you on the phone about our growing little boy! At our visit today, our blood pressure was still a little high. Chuck is bottoms up right now so is already prepared for his arrival! The doctor wants me to "cut back" on work. For me, mentally, that is not an option. I would be too stressed at home thinking about my classroom and how I would not have any income coming in. Dr. thinks I should be at home. I have somehow talked both of them into letting me tough it out for two more weeks which will land me at the beginning of spring break. I promised my feet would be up the entire week. After that week, we will see what my blood pressure is. Because of the light swelling, I am supposed to quit running errands and come straight home from school and put my feet up. So Dr. will take over any grocery shopping for the next few weeks. ( I know he can't wait for this baby to come so I can once again clean the litter boxes and do the shopping!)

We are getting an ultrasound on Monday to check on Chuck's development and see exactly what week he is measuring. About 5 weeks ago, we were measuring a week ahead of our due date. The doctor wants to see how big Chuck is and how developed those little lungs of his are. After spring break I will be 37 weeks. So if my blood pressure has not gone down, she would most likely induce and not risk anything. With high blood pressure you have the risk of seizures which would be fatal to the baby. So we would not want to wait around for his arrival if there is a chance something could happen to him while we are waiting.

So all in all, we will find out a lot more once we know how big our baby boy is. I am expecting a March baby instead of an April baby. We could be seeing our little cutie pants in about 3 1/3 weeks or we just may not see him for 6 weeks if my blood pressure goes down.

Wednesday, the teachers at school are throwing a shower for me and baby Chuck so I think I will probably be fully outfitted with diapers! I finally got the stroller put together and my bags ( and Chuck's bag) is packed for the hospital! So, as of now we are just playing the waiting game, which it seems we have become so good at in the past couple of years!

Oh and it is supposed to be 65 and sunny on Saturday. Maybe that will get my blood pressure down.

Also, the hospital where I will deliver and where I was once a member of the gym has water aerobics for us fatties ( as in preggos). Since water aerobics displaces the swelling for 48 hours, I asked the doctor if it was too late for me to start the class ( because you usually start it at 5 months.) She said it would be a good idea to go. Again, the bathing suits are at target now!!! I apologize that there will not be any pictures. I will probably do the whole class with my eyes closed. I can't imagine having to put on a bathing suit right now. Gives me the heebbie jeebbies. So I am going to check out the classes and see if they are at a time when I can make it.

Love to all from Mama and baby Weber (Dr. is on nights right now.)

No comments: