13 August 2010

TGIF


Well, since we have been back at school, we have found a significant amount of mold or mildew in our classrooms on our 2nd grade hall. We cleaned it all off our desks, chairs, and doors about 2 weeks ago and we found that on Thursday that it had already grown back. My concern was that the air quality was not good for me or my students and much less the spores I am brining home on my clothes were not good for Chuck. The air quality was tested today and we will get results back sometime in the next 24 hours to see if we have to move out of our rooms. I am hoping we do not have to move out for longer than a week because I am not in the mood to take down everything I have put up, wasting all the hot glue sticks I have used and all the bulletin board paper I have bought. I am hoping it is something that can be fixed with some diligent cleaning, a change of ceiling tiles, and a filter in our AC vents. It is so wet in our classrooms that name tags are not sticking and new bulletin boards will not stay up.

On a happier note, Chuck went to bed last night at 5 and he slept until 12 midnight at which time I gave him his cereal bottle and he went back to sleep and slept until 6 am. Yes, it is true, I got some sleep last night. If you want to call us after 4:30, please DO NOT call the house phone ...769 number... and please call our cell phones... if we don't answer the cell phones we are probably giving a bottle or rocking little man to sleep or possibly using the restroom! We will get back to you. The main reason we have the home phone is for our alarm system. Anyways, this weekend, I am going to add in a cereal bottle first thing in the morning followed by a little breakfast of fruit at the next feeding. I have been waiting to add those until a time when I could be with him and gauge his eating schedule as it changes.

Tomorrow, Dr. has to work so Chuck will join me at a baby shower. When Dr. gets home tonight, I am going to make midnight run to the grocery store to get ingredients for the cucumber sandwiches I have never made, and to get some fruit to dump in a bowl and make it seem like I cut it up for a fruit salad.

Tonight we tried some green beans. I think we can go ahead and put them in the same category as the chicken. We are also VERY close to rolling over. For some reason, I can't get the sound of the rolling over video to work but it doesn't matter, he wasn't talking or anything. Happy Friday everyone.




No comments: