17 September 2010

And so begins the sippy cup


Today marks the day that we introduced the sippy cup. We wanted Chuck to start playing with it and trying to figure it out. He has to be walking and only drink from a sippy cup to get into the one year old room so we thought it never hurts to practice. We got a training cup that has handles and a soft nipple like a bottle for him to start with. We handed it to him, he looked at it, and tipped it up and started drinking! What a smarty pants!




Chuck's day at daycare went a lot better than it did on Wednesday and Thursday. He has been getting less and less cranky the more days he is on the antibiotics. The entire Weber household got sleep last night!!!! I have ALWAYS been a morning person but I do admit that since being a mommy, it is harder and harder everyday to leave the comfiness that is my bed! I long for dates with my comforter and pillow!!!

Our Friday did start off a bit rocky this morning. I had gotten ready and woke up Chuck at 6, the usual wake up time for the little man. I always take him back to my bed and give him a bottle which is exactly what we did this morning. Then I usually go and change and dress him, I pack the car, and we leave for school. Well, this morning while partaking in a nice bottle spiked with antibiotics, the Chuckman started pushing.... yes, you know what "pushing" entails. So, after finishing the bottle, we head to the changing table to get ready to go to school and I notice that the contents of the diaper not only filled up the diaper but filled up the entire left leg of his footie pajamas....... yes, FILLED UP THE LEG of the footie pajamas. At that point in time I decided that I could not handle this alone. I woke up Dr., we had to CUT chuck's pajamas off him because there was no way to get his pajamas over his head. I wiped him off ( using a whole package of wipes) so that he was in good enough condition to get in the bath. Dr. gave Chuck a bath while I took my second bath for the day and we still made it to school on time. I guess now I know that prunes and antibiotics do not mix!

No comments: