08 November 2010

Home At Last


Although we had a wonderful trip to Texarkana for Chuck's baptism, we are so glad to be back. I am not sure who is happier. Mom or Chuck?!? Chuck is so excited to be back in his own bed. Don't get me wrong, Marmee and Poppy's house is tons of fun but nothing is like our own bed. Chuck did not sleep through the night once we got home last night but I really think he was happy. When he did wake up, he turned on his wonderful music box that he listens to when he falls asleep in the crib. I am happy to be back home and get back on a schedule because I do not do whiny and whiny is exactly what we had. He had a whiny day at daycare but is now sleeping soundly in his comfy bed.

I did learn some things on this trip. 1. Reassess packing abilities. After listening to the frog go ribbit for 2 hours, I was about to jump ship. However, I am not sure if the frog was better than the cow mooing that we got to listen to on the way there. 2. My child is a lot smarter then I thought. Apparently, the curriculum at school has taught him to wave. ( This was confirmed last night when I walked into our bedroom with him to get a bottle and he saw his daddy and smiled and started waving at him) 3. Always do laundry before you leave because nothing is better then unpacking your bags straight into a drawer. 4. We really need to figure out where we are going to move.... like now. 5. You will never get all your thank you notes written. 6. Staycation doesn't seem like a bad idea after all. 7. Attachment issues can start at any age, we just happened to be stumbling upon them a little later than others. and 8. what is this "you can rest when your dead" stuff.... I am tired NOW.

If you haven't seen the pictures from the service, Aunt Koko ( also Chuck's lovely godmother) has put some great pictures up. Check them out here.

Drew is working until 2 AM tonight so this big mama is going to call it a night. "I can clean when I'm dead" ... right?

No comments: