17 December 2010

Chill + Relax = Chillax


Yep, it is officially Christmas Break and I just realized how busy it is going to be! I am looking forward to December 29th when I can sit down and rest for a second. That will be my first day that I won't have anything to do and Chuck will be at daycare. Well, I think I might plan on cooking those last days while Chuck goes to school.

The students got out at 12 today but the teachers had to stay for professional development and we got out at 2:30. At our meeting we talked about "What great teachers do differently". Earlier in the day we had to vote on who we thought was the best teacher at the school. At the meeting she revealed the top teacher so we could talk about what they do that makes them the best. I was actually the one with the most votes! So as of today, I am the best teacher at the school. Of course, that could change day to day and I have a lot of deficits but it rebuilds my confidence and makes me feel like I am doing something right because some days I feel like I am failing as a mama, wife, and teacher. She asked everyone what makes me the best teacher and this is what they said.
1. I am able to self-reflect
2. I respect my students
3. I am a team player
4. I am organized
5. I am committed
6. I am knowledgeable.
7. I am creative
8. I share
9. I treat each child as an individual in instruction and as a person
10. and I am friendly and professional.

I also had my meeting with her about my observation. She said it was a great lesson and that I am doing an awesome job. She can see the change over the three years and how I am more confident. She has even shared some things I did in my lesson with some other people already.
We just had our first semester test. My students worked really hard and my scores were extremely high and she was super excited about it.

So it was a good ending to the semester and a good beginning to the Christmas break. Now I am exhausted and am going to sleep since Chuck is sound asleep. Tomorrow, the Chuckman and I need to finish Christmas shopping but I am a little nervous about the crowds since it is the last weekend before Christmas.

Chuck and I will be going to Mobile from Monday until Wednesday and then with Dr. to Arkansas from Friday until Monday. We will be celebrating our Christmas this Sunday since that is the only day Dr. will have off that we won't be traveling. We have told Santa and he is going to stop by a little early for Mr. Chuck.

Nighty night

No comments: