15 December 2010

Every Day is a Big Day


Everyone in the Weber household has been having a good week. This week, Chuck has had some big "firsts".

Today at daycare, Chuck pulled up for the first time. He has been working hard on it but can't seem to get his feet underneath him. He already likes to stand but has trouble getting in the standing position. He now prefers to play while standing up. I mentioned earlier that we lowered his mattress this past weekend because we knew it was coming.

Every morning when I get Chuck up, I bring him into our bed and give him his bottle. This morning, when he was finished, he sat up and looked at Dr. ( who was still asleep) and hit him on the arm a couple of times and said "Da...............Da". All of a sudden Dr. just sat up and looked at him and then Chuck said it again. It takes me forever to wake Dr. up and Chuck says one thing and he is up...... ok, I lose! So we are adding DaDa to the things that Chuck has said. He has said Up, Mama, Baby, Baba, and Dada. I am not sure yet if I am counting any of these as his first word because I am doubting that he actually knows what is going on. Maybe so.

Chuck is also officially feeding himself finger food. He gets upset if you eat in front of him and don't offer him anything. He LOVES to eat finger food. We have just eaten fruit puffs, tomato puffs, yogurt melts and bananas. When I get out of school, I will have some time to go to the store and get some frozen veggies that I am going to start steaming and we will have those for meals too. He is still a vegetarian. All this crawling has slimmed him down some too.

We also brushed our teeth for the first time this week.


What makes you think this child is spoiled?
This is our playroom... I mean family room.


I love my yogurt melts but sometimes I miss my mouth!

No comments: