07 January 2012

There are people like me!



This blog post is a good read and makes me feel better about all the complaining about motherhood that I do and feeling like I'm pretty poor at it. At least I'm not the only one.

Read this spot-on blog post here.

My favorite lines from it.....
“It’s helluva hard, isn’t it? You’re a good mom, I can tell. And I like your kids, especially that one peeing in the corner. She’s my favorite. Carry on, warrior. Six hours till bedtime.”And hopefully, every once in a while, I’ll add- “Let me pick up that grocery bill for ya, sister. Go put those kids in the van and pull on up- I’ll have them bring your groceries out.” (Anyway. Clearly, Carpe Diem doesn’t work for me. I can’t even carpe fifteen minutes in a row, so a whole diem is out of the question.)


And now I turn in for the night while I listen to the rain on the roof.

No comments: