18 February 2012

Oh Samer...


Our weekend hasn't been as relaxing as we thought it was going to be. What a perfect day to curl up and lay around playing with toys.

Well, well, well.

Yesterday when I was leaving to get Chuck from school, I heard this cat meowing and whining. I can tell Samer's whine anywhere! I ran around trying to find him but couldn't because of Ginger's dogs barking at me. I asked her to put the dogs up and continued my mission. Actually, Molly led mestraight to Samer. About 40 feet in the air in a tree.

When the neighbors heard me calling and talking to him, about three different ones came out and told me they had been hearing him for a couple of days. Great. I don't make a mark in my calendar everytime I see him. Maybe I should.

Luckily he was over a house, but also not lucky because it was kind of in the way. The owners weren't home and we got some ladders with the help of Ginger and two other neighbors our age. One actually is a host on Mississippi Outdoors. It a girl. She had all kinds of ropes and hooks and things to try and pull this branch down. She even climbed a 20 foot ladder trying to get Samer to walk to her. Still no luck. The only thing that was accomplished was that Chuck swept the neighbors deck.

We had to leave Samer in the tree over night ( not that it was his first) because it was getting too dark. We just prayed that the storm would hold off.

The only idea we could come up with was to raise a basket up. Chuck and I were at Lowes by 8 and we had daddy on the roof by 8:30 raising a basket. ( our neighbor probably wants to hurt us .... Bad.... For being on her roof that early!)







Chuck and I stood in the rain and I called Samer. He tested the basket ( with Tuna in it). But wouldn't get in. So we untied the basket ( after he attempted a few times) and tied a laundry basket on. Dr. probably was on the roof holding a basket up In a tree for a total of 2 1/2 hours in cold pouring rain. Chuck was a trooper and got soaked and had tone changed about three times so he wouldn't be cold. He actually enjoyed painting the tree with water.

















Eventually we had to tie the basket off and hope he would get in it. We were keeping an eye on him from the den window so we were going to run out and lower him down if we didn't see him anymore o if he wasn't in the basket we would know he had fallen.





So at this point, the storm was really moving in. The whole street was getting worried. We finally got in touch with our friends across the street. He had an even bigger ladder. Dr. and Blake propped a long ladder ( even longer that the 20 ft one we used) from the slanted roof to the tree. Yikes. Dr. held it and Blake climbed. Blake grabbed the cat behind his neck and all of a sudden froze. He had no idea what to do next. Dr. insisted he throw the cat to the roof. That he did and then he threw it from the roof to a neighbor who brought him home.





After being so wet and wind blown this cat is extra fluffy. He has a pretty good nurse to who is insisting Samer have a bowl of food and a spoon to eat with.





Can't wait to see what Sunday brings... Besides Dr's birthday!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: