22 October 2012

Playing Catch Up



I've been meaning to put several things on the blog but just haven't gotten around to it.

We did get Chuck's first "report card" this week.  He seems to be doing good.  I mean, he has a lot of checks and checks are good.  One thing he has mastered is his flower arrangements.  His teacher texted me a picture the other day of him arranging flowers for his lunch table.



One thing he did not have checks by is his "toileting".  This upset his daddy.  We had worked so hard on it before the move and he was very open to the idea.  Chuck never fought sitting on the potty.  He would teetee and poopy on the potty with no fight.  Then we moved.  We didn't want to make Chuck do anything he didn't want to do or pressure him, so we laid off of the potty.  In fact, we totally forgot about it.  So last night, Dr. just randomly said "I'll give you a treat if you go teetee in the potty!"  (It's not often that daddy is around to hand out candy, etc.)  Chuck jumped up and ran to the potty and went teetee!  He got a cool glow stick wand (that thank goodness i randomly picked up one day while in the Dollar Tree!).  We put on some big boy undies and carried on with our night. Tonight, Chuck decided he wanted candy and asked if he could have some candy if he went potty.  Sure enough, this kid ran to the potty and teeteed!  So three times i the last two nights!  He LOVES to show his daddy his big boy undies and got a kit kat for one restroom visit and a glow in the dark ball for anther visit!  Hopefully we are on to something here!  I have realized I can't continually ask him, I just have to sit him on the toilet. Why didn't anybody ever make this clear to me.  He could care less if I asked him every ten minutes!  You better hope the next report card has all the checks next to his potty training or daddy is going to freak!

On a totally different note, we finally got Dr.'s furniture for his office.  We still have to figure out the rug and coffee table/decluttering scenario but we are well on our way.  However, I am pretty sure the cats love the furniture more than Dr. does.


Dr. has been home the past week getting some serious board studying done.  He has 21 days until the big day.  So he has 21 days that we need to stay far away from him!  Unfortunately, he goes back to work tomorrow and is working through the weekend.  For some reason I feel the need to torture myself and try and take my child on a hayride and to pet some animals.  I am nearing the end of the pregnancy but feel relatively normal at the beginning of the day.  Around 2 o'clock, my body is really starting to conk out.  Dr. has given me two weeks until I can physically no longer move without putting an incredible amount of energy into it.  I think he is probably right!  BUT, I am still wearing my wedding rings ( yes, my size 4 fingers apparently aren't obese as the rest of my body is!)   I am looking forward to getting this little one out and tackling this weight.  I know I will feel so much better as a lighter person!

No comments: