09 March 2013

Day 1


I'd have to say Day 1 of spring break was not quite a disaster but almost.

We met Chuck's teacher and her family at the zoo. Every thing went smoothly with getting out of the house. Kudos to us!

I would say typically Chuck is a very well-behaved child. However when around other children he loses all ability for rational thinking. He spent most of the time at the zoo running. Which is fine but he missed all the animals. Also he was so far ahead I had no idea where he was. I just kept walking and assumed he'd get scared if he didn't see me and come back. Who knew if the lions or alligators had gotten him. He couldn't control himself and was grabbing clothes and pulling on people.

So after having to talk to him repeatedly, he got upset when we had to leave. Chuck and I said our goodbyes, found a bench by the macaws and fed Smith. While sitting there, his anger got the best of him and he decided to empty the stroller onto the ground. He then would not walk to the car. Smith and I headed to the car without him and he finally caught up.

On the way home he kept kicking the door. i put him in his room when we got home and he decided to bang his door against the wall multiple times. I brought his lunch to him and told him that I would let him know when he could come out.

After a bit he asked if he could come out because "He was happy now." I told him mommy was not happy and to go back in his room.

I took a nap on the couch with Smith and woke up to this....




I'm hoping he just decided to take a nap. I didn't go all the way in the room. This could be a picture of a crime scene. I'm not so sure but I am enjoying some quiet time.

So I'm pretty sure we aren't going to be doing much else in the next 8 days.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: