15 August 2013

Camping


Dr. has been wanting to go camping. I told him if he is going to spend the night in a tent with Chuck, it needs to be in the back yard because I KNOW that won't last longer than 2 minutes! I also said I would not take the baby camping.

I'm not trying to be a Debbie downer but come on folks. Mama knows best!

So Dr. went camping last night (and could only sleep about 2 hours) and we met him today. Chuck had to go to school for 2 hours so we drove to find dad after that. We went "day" camping. I'm glad we did not sleep overnight! Yes, that's a raccoon in the picture next to the tent! One raccoon went through Dr.'s bag while we was wading in the lake fishing and took his trail mix!




We went to Tyler State Park. They have campsites, a beach, playground, boats. And yes, I brought our little potty.







The tent was still up when we got there so it felt like we were camping. (Chuck got in it and right back out!). Chuck and dada walked down to the lake which was only 20 yards from our campsite. Dr. had been fishing there and Chuck enjoys throwing ice in the lake.




I'm glad I got a cooler if ice and lots of drinks. Chuck's favorite thing to do is throw ice in things (lake, holes, cups, etc) and he loves to pour out things. He had a great time "feeding" all the trees. Chuck also went exploring and said he found "Bigfoot shells."




One thing Chuck relates to camping is S'mores. He has never had one so I told Dr. that if we were "camping" we had to do it right. So dada and Chuck built a fire and we cooked s'mores!













We took Smith's travel high chair and strapped it to the picnic table. He had his first bites of sandwich today. He was pretty zen.







After lunch and s'mores we put on our swimsuits, packed up our campsite (because checkout was at two), and drove to the beach. Smith fell asleep in the car so dada sat with him while Chuck and I went swimming. I'm not sure why he looks like he has to potty in the picture. I guess he was excited. There was actually a sandy little beach and a big concrete thing out in the middle of the lake with ladders to jump off of. We do have more bathing suits but the only one he will ever wear is his Dino one.




So after swimming we drove to the playground and played for awhile.

On the way out we saw an armadillo.




I'm glad I'm in my own bed tonight.

I thought that after today we would have boys heading to bed early and out like a light all night. Chuck , without a nap, went to bed at normal time and Smith has already been awake 3 times.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: