16 February 2014

Birthday surprise


Dr. has been working so hard and never really gets to escape and do something he thinks is fun. With a lot of help from Marmee and Poppy, we put together a surprise birthday trip to a hunting lodge. All inclusive 4 day weekend.

I took Dr. out to dinner on Wednesday. He didn't know we were going. I handed him clothes and said be ready by 6:30. The babysitter showed up and we jumped in the car. I told him not only was dinner for Valentines Day but i also wanted to celebrate his birthday. I took him to a fancy restaurant downtown. He got to open a birthday present in the car. (I'm so full Of surprises.).

We had a delicious meal and I told him that I had one more surprise. I didn't know exactly how to tell him so I gave him this note:




Dr. sat and read this and there was total silence. He said he wanted to cry.

About 30 hours after this dinner he was supposed to be on the road to pick up his dad to go hunting at Wildlife Farms in Stuttgart, AR. What he didn't know was that there was one more surprise. Ben was going with them.

So apparently I sent my husband on a four day hunting trip to a place with no cell service. They finally got enough bars to call tonight. Word on the street is that they went pheasant hunting both mornings and deer hunting both nights. Food has been delicious with steaks, lobster, fried chicken. All three guys got a deer! And I think there is going to be a little fishing before they leave tomorrow!

I thought I had all the surprises but I did get a pretty fabulous necklace when we were at dinner. We usually don't do much for Valentines a Day but I guess this year we both stepped it up. This has definitely been the coolest birthday present I have come up with for Dr.!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: