12 January 2010

27 Weeks

Tomorrow I will be 27 weeks. Here is what Baby Chuck's growth will be like this week. One article said my belly button may turn into an outie. Um, I am just going to let you know now, that when my belly button pops out, I will be hysterical and ..... OMG, I just looked at my belly button.... it is starting to creep to the edge of my original belly button... I am kinda feeling a little dizzy.....OMG I just had to look again..... why did they have to go and tell me this! AHHHHHHHHHH I haven't even looked at my belly button lately.... maybe I should have been though. I am a little startled.

OK, trying to make myself forget about my almost popped out belly button! Since the baby can see, I can supposedly put a flashlight to my belly and he would be able to see the light. So we will try it later tonight and maybe he will give daddy a big kick.

OK, here is the article about Baby Chuck's growth. Please excuse the very PC diagram, I don't know how to copy and paste without it. Looking at the picture, I now know why my lower back hurts occasionally.

I gotta go call my mom about my belly button.

This week marks the beginning of the third trimester of pregnancy which is bound to remind you of the nearing of the due date. If you have

27weekspregnant not enrolled in a prenatal or childbirth class by now you can still do so as this will leave you a month time to complete the class before the due date. These classes will be helpful in teaching you breathing and relaxing exercises which will be especially beneficial at the time of delivery or when you go into labor. This is also the time to improve your diet and include all nutritious food in it to avoid putting on unhealthy weight as well as to help the baby in developing a healthy body. Fried food and excessive heavy or greasy food can be avoided if you are putting on too much weight at this stage however fresh fruits, vegetables and a balanced combination of high protein and calcium need to be included to avoid problems during recovery after the child birth. Household chores might now become difficult or tiring for you so do not hesitate to ask for help and it is best to avoid risky things like climbing a stool or lifting heavy weight as this can put pressure on the baby or make you fall. Do not neglect taking the vitamins and minerals prescribed to you at this stage even if everything seems fine with you and the baby as you need to build up your immunity and strength for the coming weeks.

Baby’s Development

The baby is about 14.5 inches long and weighs over two pounds by now. The baby’s skin is wrinkled by floating in water and will remain this way until a few weeks after the baby is born as the skin slowly stretches out. The retina develops normal layers which later help in the reception of light images. These layers receive light and images and transmit the information to the brain for interpretation. The membrane that used to cover your baby’s eyes will separate at this stage to form eyelids. A new visual discovery begins for the baby andthe baby’s eyes are mostly blue at this stage which will change into their true color some time after birth. The baby also develops a waking and sleeping pattern which might not be the same as your cycle. Some experts believe that the baby begins to dream by the 28th week. No one knows what they dream about but the brain remains active and the characteristic grooves on the brain surface start appearing with the development of more brain tissues. You might experience the baby hiccupping quite frequently now as the baby’s lungs are maturing and the baby is learning to breathe normally.

No comments: