03 May 2011

Decisions


I have a deadline. I have been told that by the end of May I have to have a list of cities that I would be willing to move to. Here is my problem: I can tell you exactly where I DON'T want to live. When it comes to listing places I DO want to live, I have problems.

So this is what I have done. I started with states. I printed out the states that I would live in without being pissed off. There are 7: Tennesse, Alabama, Florida, Louisiana, Mississippi, Texas, and Arkansas. Now of those 7 states, there are some areas of the state that would make me vomit. For example, in Florida, the panhandle is the only place I would consider living. I would never live in the "pan" ( is that what they call it?). I would not want to live in east Tennessee. Also, west Texas would be miserable. In fact, I am allergic to tumbleweed.

Here is my set up. I have all the states taped to the door in the den. They have all the cities on them and the highway system which is muy importante ( I am not bilingual although it may seem that way.) You can see my red X's. That is where I won't live. I am highlighting cities where I WOULD live in yellow. I will keep you updated on my list. I have done it in marker so I can't change my mind. ( Unless I am sneaky and fool myself and just reprint the maps.)

So far I have highlighted in yellow: Jackson, Seaside FL ( why not? right?) and Fairhope AL. I guess I am starting in the very southeast and working my way north and west... for now anyway.


OK, this is totally stressing me out so I think a hot bath is next up!

1 comment:

Tara C said...

I like your system. Leave Dallas on the list! :)