29 January 2013

Tornados

We had 80 degree weather yesterday and today a cold front came in ( now we are in the 60's). We have been under a tornado warning all evening.

Another tornado, by the name of Chuck, had a good day at school but I had to keep him occupied since it was rainy outside. Usually when it is warm, I open the back doors and let him enjoy himself outside. Our fence is 8 feet tall and the gates are so heavy I can barely open them so he is totally safe and on his own. Also, we have tons if windows that look into the backyard so I can see him from the kitchen/den, my bedroom, and the laundry room.

Since Dr. is working nights for the rest of his life (not really but it seems like it) I need to keep Chuck relatively calm for a little while once we get home.

Today, we investigated different parts of plants with our magnifying glass. We had an acorn, a weed with roots, a camellia bud, a camellia flower, a piece of bark, a stick, a green leaf and a brown leaf. We had located a worm but it got away. I reckon investigating bugs will be a different day. Chuck also has some pretty colored rocks we may look at or even different shapes of pasta. He is also still learning how to use a magnifying glass (you can get a pack of two ... One small one big.... At the dollar tree or they also have small packs in their party favor section.)







We then set up some cups and got our bag of balls (again a bag of 12 for $1). We tossed and bounced them into the cups. Today it actually turned into some counting and some patterns. You never know what is going to happen!










Smith enjoyed watching..... Who am I kidding. He enjoyed eating while all this was going on. The child LOVES to be held but did take a moment to soak in Mother Nature.




Things I have learned in the past two days- you can not sweep with one arm. You can not fold laundry with one arm. But, you can cook, a few things, with one arm.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: