01 February 2013

Family Time

Daddy is home for the weekend! And he stayed up when he got home from work today and worked on taxes so that he would be on our schedule while he was home!

Today Smith got some long sleeve clothes from our neighbors across the street. He has been wearing pajamas this whole time because any clothes we have in a 3 month size are all spring. I was hoping that the clothes situation would even out since Chuck was born 3 months later in the year but it is warmer in TX. Not so much. We were so excited to get to change into real clothes today!




This is as close to a smile as I could get with both boys!




I actually got to have a normal life today! I went and had coffee with one of the girls I have met. Her son is a month older than Chuck and her hubs is a cardio thoracic surgeon at Dr's hospital! I have worked with her a lot at school and volunteered with the medical alliance book sale for her. We are going to try and do that once a month and also walk some mornings after we drop the boys off. She also gave me the number of a highly sought after babysitter. Anyways, she had a meeting at 9 so it was perfect timing for Smith and I to head home for some eating.

Chuck had a good day at school. I went inside to pick him up and was helping him put away the toys he was playing with. He all of a sudden said that he loved me. He was so excited when he said it. I heard some teachers just melt when they heard him. Melted my heart too. I guess he doesn't feel totally neglected! He also told me today that "now we just need sister so we can all play together". I said "what if we try and have sister and we get another brother instead?". Chuck says "that ok too, mom".

I just started feeling like myself this week so don't get your hopes up people!

Chuck gets a stamp at music class every week so has been begging to work with stamps. I would have liked to get him the ones that are already inked and you just remove the top to use. I already had stamps from school so we used those. Of course I got them from dollar tree. I made Chuck a bag of about 7 stamps and a pad. Of course this must be supervised! Even with supervision, Chuck and dad ended up with at least 20 stamps up each arm. Chuck had so much fun with this though. This is probably good for helping to work on the pincer grip which is important to develop for handwriting (the grasping of something between thumb and first finger).




While going through my school stuff I found a bunch of cookie cutters (4 for $1). I traced the cookie cutters on paper and Chuck had to match the correct cookie cutter to the drawing. He loved working on this puzzle!







Tomorrow is supposed to be warm so hopefully lots of fresh air is in our future!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: