24 January 2011

10 Months!


Happy 10 months Chuckaroo! This little guy gets funnier and more independent everyday! Usually when I drop Chuck off, he kind of just sits there on the floor and looks at me. I think.... he must be so bored during the day. Today, one of his little friends was there early. (He is usually stuck with all the new babies for a while.) I put him on the floor next to his friend, handed him a toy and started unpacking his bag. I watched him and first he handed the toy to his friend so I gave him another one so they could each have one. Then his friend ( who is 4 months older) crawled to the back of the room laughing and looking back at Chuck. Chuck followed and within about 5 seconds they were both standing up at a bookshelf laughing and playing with their toys. Today, I realized for the first time that (1) my child is very social, (2) Chuck has friends, (3) he can share (4) he is doing the same things that someone 4 months older is doing. Needless to say, it was a proud mama moment. He just looked up at me and smiled like he was excited he got to show me what it is like at school once his friends get there. I never believed them but I guess they are serious when they say he is nonstop.

Well, I might take back that social part of it. When I arrived to pick him up today, I walked in and figured he must be in the other room because I couldn't find him anywhere. I got his bag and got his extra bottle from the fridge. His teacher said, "you are going to have to go over there and get him, he won't turn around." Chuck has two teachers but one leaves at 4. Most days, I get there around 4 to pick him up. Today when it was time for his teacher to leave, there were still too many kids there ( one teacher to every four kids) so they had to put another teacher in there until some of the babies got picked up.... which is totally normal. Chuck did not recognize the temporary teacher so he had crawled over to the bookshelf and faced the corner and wold not turn around. Whenever he turned around he would start getting upset so would turn his head back around and face the corner again. I guess it was his way to deal with being upset. I thought it was about the sweetest thing ever to put himself in a corner because he was sad. Bless his little heart.

I will try and get some pictures tomorrow. I promise.

No comments: